Asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: American citizen marrying an Australia citizen? How to get visa for the Australian to come work and live together?

My name is Hannah and I am an Australian citizen currently dating an American who lives in Georgia. We have visited each other's countries on and off for the past 2 years on the 90 day travel visa. We are looking for something more permanent and I would like to move to the US to live with him and work. We are wondering what our options are for me to do this and also if we were to get married how this would work? Thank you for your time in advance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: The fastest route is for you to get a fiancé visa and then marry him within 90 days of entry and then adjust status to obtain your green card. The fiancé visa takes about 9 to 11 months to get after its applied for. Counsel anywhere in the USA can represent you. Some of us charge very affordable flat fees to represent you from start to finish.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.