Tupelo, MS asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Mississippi

Q: How do I go about getting full custody of my child he has been with me since he was 6 months and he is now 4 yrs old.

His mother dropped my son off to my mother when he was six month old and haven't had him since and I got my son from my mother about a year ago and since he has been with me the mother is trying to take my son. I provide for my son, pay his daycare fees, and give him the love that he deserves and on top of that I just found out that she is getting wic in a whole nother household that he never stayed in. What can I do about the situation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You will likely need to get an attorney to file the necessary paperwork to start a child custody action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.