Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Andrew Charles Burrell
3 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Mississippi on
Q: My dominant hand and about a quarter of my forearm was cut off at work. How much of a settlement should I expect ?

This happened on 11/17/22. I opened a saw up after turning it off to visually inspect a blade. I kneeled down on my knees and the door swung into my back. I reached up and pushed the door back open and I guess my hand hit the button and the saw came back on. As soon as it came on the bottom of my... Read more »

Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
answered on Nov 28, 2022

You should be enetitled to workers compensation. You need to consult an attorney in the area who handles such claims. Work comp pays certain benefits, such a disability for lost time from work while in recovery and then PPD once you reach MMI.

My firm can be reached at the following...
Read more »

View More Answers

Q: I am currently in the middle of a SSA reconsideration that has been going on since February 7. On May 4 , I had a stroke

This led to a diagnosis of Severe Aortic Stenosis, covered by compassionate allowance of disability. I was given about a year" give or take a few months" without two life- saving surgeries. My disability caseworker was notified immediately after diagnosis. 6 weeks later, I find she never... Read more »

Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
answered on Jun 27, 2022

I am sorry for your issues and the delay in answers, however it is not uncommon in the social security field for a reconsideration to remain pending for 8 to 10 weeks. You should have access to your file online that can advise you where the reconsideration stands. If that is denied, then you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Mississippi on
Q: What is the US Civil Statute to be cited in a personal injury due a faulty elevator at a VA Hospital?

Due to the elevator falling and abruptly stopping between floors and when I was rescued out I had suffered damages to my leg and had three surgeries, with the last one being a total knee replacement

Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
answered on May 23, 2022

This would be a Federal Tort Acts claim and you have a 2 year statute in which to file a SF-95 form and prove your damages. Failure to file such form could result in your claim being lost and denied. You need to seek consultation with an attorney in your area to discuss your rights and claim for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Mississippi on
Q: If police takes two years to turn case over to da office . Can I sue for not investigating.

I had a person walk in my yard point gun at me and said you know what I am here for . Then beat me with gun . Police came and two years later still had not helped me.

Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
answered on Apr 5, 2022

Under MS law, you would have only 1 year to sue a police department. However, they do not have a time line in which to complete an investigation as toward charging the person with a crime. Your injury claim may be barred against your neighbor as well as it is going to be defined as a intentional... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.