Ossining, NY asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Puerto Rico

Q: How do I get a free consultation with an attorney with a background in real estate law in Puerto Rico. No answer yet.

Have a cousin who has put his small business on my father's property without permission and there is no written agreement. My father has the deed to this property. He is now expanding. My cousin says he has a business permit and is allowed to be there. How do find out that this is true? How do we know the property can be used for business purposes. My cousin says the land belongs to the town municipal. Don't think that is true but I like to confirm that. We like to sell the house and the surrounding properties in the future can we sell it anyway even though he is on there? Will property tax increase because of this business. Will there be penalty fees because he has a business on our property that may not be legit? What happens is there is an accident? Can we do some kind of home harmless agreement, making my cousin responsible if something does happen? Like to know what options we have, how to take action when I go to Puerto Rico soon. May need Attorney. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. If you search the data base on JUSTIA you will find various Attorneys whom give free consultations in Puerto Rico.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.