Forked River, NJ asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Divorce for New Jersey

Q: Can I reopen my divorce that ended in 2010 if I can prove fraud?

My divorce was moved to arbitration because my husband was lying and destroying evidence of our business, he did this to hide both the value of the business and his income. After 7 years of arbitration my case was returned to the court. My husband continued to lie about his income which was believed by the judge. Years later I am able to prove that he lied to the court about the income and the value of our business, which was worth millions. Can I return to court based on fraud?

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Given the length of time that has passed, I seriously doubt it. You would probably have to pay an experienced matrimonial attorney, just to research the case law, to see if there is any possibility.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.