Caldwell, ID asked in Probate and Estate Planning for Nevada

Q: My father passed with out a spouse i'm an only child who doesn't get along with his mother and sisters. They are trying

To take Everything. They have taken over planning the funeral. They're Ordering a bunch of death certificates. I was told there is no will. I was told i'm the closest next of kin.

Who has the most rights to take over his property and how do i stop them? How do i assert my rights and take possession of his home? His sister was taking care of him in his home in Vegas she is trying to still stay in his home. Can i have the cops remove her and make her go back home to her own house? How do i get appointed executor?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: Hire a local probate attorney to help you petition the court to be appointed executor of your father’s estate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.