Asked in Criminal Law and International Law for California

Q: Vacations in California

Hello everyone! I was on vacation in California and I have some doubts regarding some events that happened during my stay related to drugs (marihuana). I would like to receive professional advice while finding a lawyer. As for the advice, I do not care if it is by Skype or by other telematic way like by e-mail because I am currently in my country of residence (Spain). Finally, as for the payment, I would have no problem making the transfer/payment in advance.

I'm not looking for free answers, but I'm looking for a lawyer-client relationship. As for my doubt, this will be described with the greatest amount of detail.

PS: I know that this is a public form for "ask a lawyer" but is difficult to me to find an US lawyer while I am in Spain.


2 Lawyer Answers
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: You will need to contact lawyers directly and indivdually

Stanley Dale Radtke
Stanley Dale Radtke
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Leandro, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Dear Spanish Tourist:

What would be more helpful to any potential attorney in California is to tell us generally where this occurred. I am located in Oakland, in Northern California and could not really be of assistance in the Los Angeles Area as this is about 400 miles away.

I think it would be important to have someone local.

Stanley Radtke, Esq.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.