New Albany, MS asked in Real Estate Law for Mississippi

Q: What does it mean to dereign title and how do I do it?

I am in a dispute with the owner of land adjacent to mine because he has a single-wide trailer 10' over my property line. After obtaining two independent surveys showing he was encroaching he refused to move the trailer so I obtained a lawyer and filed against him in chancery court to quiet and confirm title and force him to remove items encroachments. Before hearing the case, the judge said we had to dereign the title and I cannot find any information on what that is or how to go about it. I didn't understand what my lawyer told me about that.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: More than likely you must prove your title going back many, many years., probably at least to a common grantor or a patent. You r lawyer should have known that. Did he even perform a title search first? It does not sound like it, and you are pretty much back at square one. Good Luck!!!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.