Bismarck, ND asked in Divorce and Family Law for North Dakota

Q: Do grandparents have the right to call grandkids? We are told we cannot by sons exwife.

Son in a nasty divorce in WA state. Soon to be ex-wife has moved to MT with kids. We live in ND. She will not let us call or talk to our grandchildren and won't allow them to call us. Is there anything we can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory William Liebl
Gregory William Liebl
  • Fargo, ND
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: I am a family law attorney in North Dakota. I believe you will need talk to an attorney in Washington, if that is where the divorce is located.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.