Conyers, GA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Indiana

Q: What case log can a inmate use to get a sentence modification if a judge said a different sentence from his release dat

The judge sentenced my boyfriend to 3 years do 18 months if he doesn't get into the drug program, which he didn't. But his release date has the full 3 years and the court told him he needs to file a modification. He needs to know what proper case logs he could use to put in his modification.

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: case log or case law?

Without knowing the facts and circumstances, there are hundreds of books of case law and it is impossible to identify any in particular

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.