Peabody, MA asked in Traffic Tickets for Massachusetts

Q: 13 yrs ago I was speeding to an appt. Got pulled over and got a citation, I asked if I had to go to court.

Officer said no, I asked what to do with citation, he said he didn't care. I never heard anything else on this. Would there be a warrent out for me? I am from Mass.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lissa McKinney
Lissa McKinney
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Acton, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If it is a warning then you didnt need to do anything further. If it was a citation and you needed to pay a fine, and did not then you would have been notified of a license suspension. If it was a motor vehicle traffic offense that was also a criminal offense and you didnt show up, then a warrant would have issued and your license suspended. Your best bet would be to go online to the MA RMV and obtain a copy of your driving record. From there it will be easier to ascertain if there are any issues with your license. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.