Jacksonville, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: Hi, I am facing terroristic threatening charges where multiple people at work accused me of making threats

I was wondering if there was a way I can see the statements they wrote to the police somehow before my court date?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Your lawyer will request what is called Discovery. The state must give you everything they have against you including any evidence that shows your innocence. You will be able to see everything written against you. If you don't have a lawyer, just write a letter to the prosecutor and request to see everything they intent on using against you. It is always better to have a lawyer though. You might miss something and be convicted. If you represent yourself, the court will treat you like you are a lawyer. You gain no benefit by being unrepresented. And the prosecutor does not have to take it easy on you!

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.