Biloxi, MS asked in Car Accidents and Small Claims for Mississippi

Q: I have a unsatisfied judgement against me from 2013, $9,000 ,license suspended. I cant afford to pay it. What can I do?

Sued from motor accident 2013 for 9,000 now have hold on my license. Can’t afford to pay this but wanting to fix so I can eat license what do I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: You may need to look into a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Call a competent attorney. You may need to prepare for it beforehand. Schedule F and the Notice To Creditors should list the Creditor Driver, Insurance Co., the Licensing Bureau with your Driver's License Number in the address, and anyone else involved in the wreck.

Dalton Middleton agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.