Charlotte, NC asked in Car Accidents for South Carolina

Q: What will be my next step when I win my case? Will I have to file another claim with their insurance company?

I was in an accident as shown on the FR 10 form due to the at fault party making a right turn on red while I had the left protected green arrow. Since my insurance claim was denied I just decided to sue the at fault driver for the damages on my vehicle. Once I win in court, what is my next step as far as me getting my vehicle fixed? Will I have to file another claim through the at fault driver's insurance company?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Note my responses to your other posting on the same issue. If you win you have a judgment in the amount of your repairs. You can then get the company to pay.

Note however if you have other expenses--rental car etc--they need to be included. If you were injured, you need to see an attorney. If you had medical bills paid you may need to include them if under your policy &/or SC law there is a subrogation lien.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.