Fort Worth, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: I informed my child’s mother that I was going to take her to court for 7 and 7 joint custody and she blocked my number

She also blocked me on all social media. I can’t contact her, or my child. She had also moved to a new house within a week of me telling her this, and I don’t know what the address is. How can I find it for her to be served with the papers?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Johnathan Tracy Ball
Johnathan Tracy Ball
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The first question I have is how old is you child? If he/she is old enough to go to school, you can likely have her served at school during pickup and drop off. If child is not in school, you may want to consider employing a private investigator to find her. Also, if you search for her and cannot find her, you may be able ask the court for alternate service where you are allowed to notify her via a family member or friend. Finally, if you know where she is staying, considering asking the police to do a wellness check on you child and document that you told mom your plans and she blocked you. Speak with an attorney to begin the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.