Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: My wife needs to change court orders placed when she got divorced regarding the kids but needs a forensic assessment

We do not know how to get a referral for her forensic assessment and wondered if getting a pro bono lawyer, as we are a low income family, would help solve our issues. I have a ton more information regarding the exact situation if this is the right direction.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You should consult with an attorney who will need information about any prior court orders and will need to understand the context of the need for a forensic evaluation. This matter clearly has a history involving some form of safety issue. You could also consult with a therapist who might be able to assist in a referral. Colorado Legal Services can assist some with legal matters if income eligible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.