Cherry Hill, NJ asked in Education Law and Libel & Slander for New Jersey

Q: My ex husband lied on school record forms claiming he had sole custody of our daughter

My ex husband lied on school record forms claiming he had sole custody of our daughter he used us to enroll her in a new . The school policy is that they are supposed to share information with both parents. I had provided them with a copy of the court order stating we share custody. They didn't follow their own policy of requesting to see a copy of a court order before they believed him. What action can I take against this man in the school district

1 Lawyer Answer
Stuart Nachbar
Stuart Nachbar
  • Livingston, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: A. What are your damages?

B. You should probably take the concerns to the matrimonial court

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.