Henderson, NV asked in Criminal Law for Nevada

Q: My son sold drugs to a under cover cop what can he get for that he is a addict and was selling them to get them for hims

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Jaksa
William Jaksa
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Toronto

A: The courts and police are very familiar with the circumstances that User-Dealers find themselves in. They buy drugs from their dealers, sometimes they are fronted the drugs, then they sell to support their habit. The unfortunate issue is that they are still dealing drugs and they are still apart of the problem. They are helping and hurting other addicts. The best thing your son can do at this point is get into a treatment program and prove that he is an addict and trying hard not to be a part of the cycle.

To answer your exact question though more information is required, what was the drug? how much did he sell? how many times did he sell? how much money and drugs were found on him when he was arrested? What is his record like? A small amount of meth, first time offender, can receive from 1 to 6 years jail for trafficking and up to $20,000 in fines.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.