Owings Mills, MD asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: If a person is charged with a drug offense while on special parole in CT does the special parole override the conviction

Charged with a possession of narcotics and offered two years but still have 11 months left on special parole.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allan F. Friedman
Allan F. Friedman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Stamford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I would suggest that you consult with your lawyer who is negotiating the plea deal on the drug case concerning the ramifications of the time you owe on special parole. In my experience the Commissioner of Corrections has handled the time owed differently over the many cases I have handled involving client's who owed time on special parole. You should expect to serve your time owed on special parole in addition to the time you owe on your new plea offer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.