Beaver, PA asked in Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania

Q: how do i find out if a family member filed malpractice lawsuit agaisnt the hospital or DR.

was told brother filed lawsuit for malpractice when my mother was in hospital and ill. Im trying to find out if this is true or not an

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Pennsylvania attorney could advise on some of the elements of this question better than anyone else, because it could involve looking things up in Pennsylvania courts. But your question remains open for two weeks. If the med mal claim was placed into suit and an index number was generated, you could try to look the case up in the Pennsylvania court system. If the matter was not placed into suit, the claim department or legal department of the hospital would have been placed on notice and should have a record of it, but they would not disclose information on any pending action without authorization. There are additional ways that a Pennsylvania attorney could best advise you about. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.