Miami, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Should I pay the utility bills?

I filed for child support and alimony while still living in the house owned by my husband and myself. He was not supporting me while I was unemployed. I started a job a month ago. He has filed for divorce and now wants me to pay the utility bills. Should I pay?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Justin Gary Hausler
Justin Gary Hausler
  • Casselberry, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Are you living in the house alone? More information is needed. You can file a motion for temporary relief to take this and other issues up with the judge while the case is pending and awaiting trial. Get a consultation. Which county has the divorce?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.