Lillington, NC asked in Family Law and Domestic Violence for North Carolina

Q: Can my daughter's ex take a DVPO oyt on me?And can he put my granddaughter on it?She lives w my daughter mainly.

My daughter has a child with a man that is my age.He was involved with her when she was underaged.My daughter left him and he met a girl and within a month he married her.His wife is on drugs and it is a fact even though she preaches her recovery.Anyways they move on the road I have lived on for 5 yrs a few weeks ago.I mean in walking distance.I go by that way to go to multiple places.He got mad because I rode by and his wife did not like it and went to the courthouse and lied and WITH ZERO PROOF the judge let him get a Domestic Violence Protective Order against me.One thing was rumors and that I talk about his wife.He put my granddaughter on the order,and I am the one who does for her because he does not!!!He said on the order we have lived together which is a lie!!I am not going to stop riding down the road I live on because he moved here.If he was so afraid why move up under me?!!!How can he do that with no proof and he cannot tell me where I can go on a public road can he???Thanks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: There are many ways to handle your daughter's ex - assuming you want to limit things to the legal ways. You should have a hearing on the DVPO and if you hire an attorney and keep your cool at the hearing, it will likely be dismissed and problem solved. So go consult with a local family law attorney ASAP.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.