Wellington, FL asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: My fiance violated his pre trial release by getting arrested for a DUI. That was a month ago and the charges

haven’t been for the DUI yet. He was wrongfully arrested. I filed a complaint with internal affairs against the arresting officers at my local sheriffs stations and I also reported it to the Department of justice and the State attorneys office. What happens now? Will this be useful to reinstate his previous trial release conditions and get him released from jail? Should I hire a dui lawyer for this even though he already has a criminal attorney fighting the first open case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I do not know what you believe happened that you believe h was wrongfully arrested.

The Department of Justice is not going to get involved.

The suggestion: Retain counsel

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.