Chicago, IL asked in Divorce for Illinois

Q: Can my soon to be ex husband be prosecuted for having a baby by another woman?

My Husband mistress announced on Facebook and it has torn me to piece s.What can be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
J. Richard Kulerski Esq.
J. Richard Kulerski Esq.
  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: I believe that adultery is no longer a crime in IL. In any event, I sincerely doubt if the prosecutor in your County would bring charges. I have never seen it done. You would be wise to speak with a mental health professional to lessen the trauma you are understandably experiencing. They can minimize your anger and confusion about what to do. They say that betrayal is one of the most painful things to deal with. I wish you good fortune and every success.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.