Oak Harbor, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: how do we file a appeal if my sons attorney was disbarred right after trial by judge.Need some answers thanks

The attorney was being investigated at the time and we found out at the end of trial. the judge dismissed herself then came back to be the judge again. The attorney was disbarred after the court date and he has not given any records back and did not use any evidence that he had to prove the case. He was too wrapped up in his own problems. What to DO? He took all we had!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: There is no one answer to this question, way too many variables (in my opinion). I would say call a lawyer asap and talk about the details of what happened, and he or she can talk you through some options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.