Orlando, FL asked in Consumer Law for Puerto Rico

Q: People are living in our property in P.R. without permission.

It's been a little bit more than three years that we haven't gone back to Puerto Rico we live in the state of Florida basically all of our childhood we tried to go to PR every year but unfortunately we were not able to go after 3 years when we went back for vacation we noticed that there were people living inside our property that our father left us when he died 5 years ago what are the legal process that we need to do to have these people out of our property please help.there's no contract there's no nothing that they could say that we have gave them permission to them to stay.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. The legal process needed is known as " Desahucio". It is a Court procedure by which the registered property title holder request from the Court the eviction of squaters from the property.

You Will need to file a petition in the Court for eviction of said squaters from the property. The process is fast track and has a cost of $ 2,500.00. If you need additional information feel free to contact me directly .

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.