Omaha, NE asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska

Q: In Nebraska, is it possible to get a re hearing for a harassment protection order or to expunge the order from public

In Nebraska, is it possible to get a re hearing for a harassment protection order or to expunge the order from public records after the time has passed? My ex filed one against me and submitted lots of manipulated evidence I was not prepared for This manipulated evidence had nothing to do with the order and I believe she did it to just put false information about me on public record. I just don't want that information viewable if it is not axcurate. The order was granted because of an email I sent 2 years ago, there was no relevant information as to why it should be granted now

1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: You can appeal the granting of a harassment protection order just as you can appeal other final court orders. There are other potential motions to challenge a final court order, such as a motion to reconsider or a motion for a new trial depending on the specific facts of the case. Generally once the harassment protection order is granted and not appealed, then it remains on your record. I have never heard of the Court expunging a harassment or protection order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.