Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Sexual Harassment legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska on
Q: Can I get the school district to pay for outside counseling for my daughter, after being sexual harassed by a teacher?

The teacher is being investigated by the police, he has resigned and admitted to his wrongdoing. Charges have not been filed yet.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Mar 9, 2021

Maybe. Contact an attorney to assist with the case. This could potentially be a service offered or a term of a settlement agreement.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska on
Q: Will a sergeant from the ICAC contact an individual to discuss about charges accused to them?

Girl from Bumble listed as 18. Flirtatious photos sent and claims she is almost 17 and lives near the area. Father calls next day threatening 30 years in prison. Counseling fees said need to be paid. ICAC Sergant contacted next day through a text asking to "speak about allegations of being in... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 4, 2021

I'm not sure what you are referring to by the abbreviation of ICAC. Your facts sound similar to a well-known blackmail scam.

See article with advice on such scam below:

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska on
Q: In Nebraska, is it possible to get a re hearing for a harassment protection order or to expunge the order from public

In Nebraska, is it possible to get a re hearing for a harassment protection order or to expunge the order from public records after the time has passed? My ex filed one against me and submitted lots of manipulated evidence I was not prepared for This manipulated evidence had nothing to do with... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Nov 18, 2019

You can appeal the granting of a harassment protection order just as you can appeal other final court orders. There are other potential motions to challenge a final court order, such as a motion to reconsider or a motion for a new trial depending on the specific facts of the case. Generally once... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Nebraska on
Q: I have a friend that 40 years ago he and his sister decided to show each other their private parts can he still bcharged

They were both minors under the age of 13 at the time...the sister won't let it go is there anything that can be done to him

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 6, 2017

If it was just that and that long ago...I don't see it happening. She may want to get some ptsd therapy to be able to see it more clearly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.