Orlando, FL asked in Child Support for Puerto Rico

Q: I live in florida and my daughter lives in puerto rico i had another baby that i am providing for can i lower my payme

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. This all depends on what your available income is after the other child support payments have been issued. You will need to show that you are required to pay child support in another jurisdiction.

If you need additional information feel free to contact me directly by phone or email.

Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos PRO label
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Greetings;

It depends on different factors, i.e. your financial capacity to pay the child support you're providing for your new born child, income, age of the older dependent and many more. Feel free to contact me directly or our firm if you need any additional information. we will be glad to be at your service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.