Peoria, AZ asked in Civil Litigation for Arizona

Q: brother stole my dads entire estate&sold it.I filed probate but I cant be admin. 4 travel 85% of year.should i sue civil

Its a very long story about horrible sibling & dad w/o a will & drug addict brother moved into guest house & basically stole the entire estate & undue influence.Im sure I can prove all 5 points of undue influence,. This was 3 years ago. I hired an attorney to start probate. He took my $2600 retainer fee & did nothing. (he did file paperwork but I had to go to court because clerk contacted me to tell me I had to go to court house to sign & give case number & other info. I had already done previous but he filed something else & he never responded to the courts & my own many efforts to contact him) I did file a complaint with the Bar & yes he has been found guilty of ethical violations,blah blah blah but I have not been refunded any money yet & I do not have the money to hire another lawyer. I am the only 1 who can file for admin. of estate for there is no one else but because of job I cant be the admin. The estate is gone, would it better for me to file civil or criminal lawsuit instead?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your question remains open for two weeks probably because this is not the type of matter that general civil litigation attorneys (the category in which you posted) ordinarily handle. If you added Probate - Estate Planning to your categories, an attorney who has insight to such matters might have a better chance of seeing your question. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.