Jersey City, NJ asked in Family Law, Intellectual Property, Real Estate Law and Estate Planning for New Jersey

Q: What will I need to do to claim my fathers property in Luquillo, Puerto Rico?

I brought my father to living in New Jersey 3 years ago because of his declining health. My father never put the property under my name because he was always to ill to go back to PR. My father is now in a nursing home and we don't know what to do about the property. We don't want to lose the property. What can be done now that he is in a nursing home, not really able to make sound decisions? I never obtained a power of attorney or anything so am frustrated. I will appreciate some direction on our situation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You need to contact an attorney who is licensed there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.