Q: Can you sue a doctor for a failed back surgery it was during a workers compensation claim

I was injured at work and was told that I needed back surgery because I had a compressed disc so I went through with it and it didn't help at all now I have scar tissue that prevents me from having any further surgeries to help me this was during a comp case I am disabled now and the doctors say there is nothing they can do for me now except make me comfortable the doctor that did the surgery apologize stating that it was a failed back surgery

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal with your injury and ensuing surgery. Unfortunately, an attorney can't really make a call on this based on these brief facts, despite the admission made by the doctor you describe. What they can do is request your medical records, including diagnostic imaging studies, and review them with a medical professional. Such cases are generally handled on a contingency basis and most practitioners offer free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.