Baltimore, MD asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Maryland

Q: Where can I find a lawyer that can assist me with writing a brie? I would like to know If I am able to sue?

Hello My name is Ms. Freeland, At the moment I am writing a letter to show cause of why my case should not be dismissed before 11-15-2019. My main concern is finding Assistant writing a brief by December 2, 2019. I am not looking for representation. My case is base on the CPS Indicated child abuse which was Affirmed by the ALJ decision. I have been appealing his decision for the past 2 years. If you can direct me to someone that can assist me with my case that will be a great help. A list of people that handles paperwork to the court of special appeals.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your question would best be handled by a family law practitioner in Maryland, but if you need a brief by December 2nd, time is of the essence. If you are seeking a brief writer, you could search online for legal brief writers. This is a very narrow area - there are attorneys who hold themselves out for per diem or per project writing assignments. However, most of these are general legal writers who hire themselves out for motions, briefs, legal memoranda, etc. You would have to ask them if they have experience in the court your are dealing with. Another choice you have is to approach family law practitioners and ask them if they would be interested in discussing terms with you to write your brief. With that second option, you would have a better chance of working with someone who has specific insight into your subject matter instead of a general purpose legal writer. You stated that you are not looking for representation, but maybe you should consider contacting family law practitioners and at least having an initial consult to find out what they recommend. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.