Broken Arrow, OK asked in Family Law and Medical Malpractice for Oklahoma

Q: Can a non-custodial parent admit a minor child for mental health treatment without the parent with sole custody's permis

I have sole custody of my child. My son was in my care. I dropped him for IEP testing for school. When I returned, he was gone. He claimed to have thoughts of self harm and Dr called his father and police. Father admitted him to inpatient psych without my consent. No one, dr, police, father, did not contact me before doing this. Father did not list me as a person to even have access to his medical information.

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw

A: Without more details about your case, it is difficult to provide you with an answer. If the father has legitimated, he is afforded certain rights and privileges equal to the custodial parent’s.

It is in your utmost best interest to contact an attorney who can assist you with the specifics of your case. We are glad to assist, and we are here to serve you. Contact us today.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.