Asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: Can i fight my legal case from overseas?

i was arested june 2019 for "possesion of drug paraphernalia", in total panic i fled back to my wife an children who live overseas.

now i know this added fled charges, im not a dangerous criminal, just been in a bad place for a bit, ive straightend up, live, work and stay out of trouble here but i want to take responisbility for my mistakes.

Can i get into contact with a prosecutor to see if we can arrange sentence and execution of that sentence from overseas?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Is it a feeling or misdemeanor? Maybe if it is a misdemeanor you can hire an attorney to take care of it.

If it is a felony, you have to come back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.