Asked in Banking and Civil Litigation for Iowa

Q: If a bank is paid off and the loans are moved to another bank and the previous bank signed off can they still foreclose

the bank has an on going lawsuit against them and signed off on the loans to be transferd to another bank and the transfer was completed for months now. Now they filed a deficancy on the farm and sold it without our knowledge and now are evicting us. what can be done to stop this?? They also violated our four corner contract which caused us to default on payments after they created a fake mortgage at 18% adn bundle two farms together and never had the one house appraised. The address for the property is also incorrect on the paperwork. The parcel numbers provided on the paperwork is also incorrect.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Erik Luthens
Erik Luthens
  • West Des Moines, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: You need to immediately consult with an Iowa attorney who handles real estate matters and farm foreclosures in particular.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.