Tucson, AZ asked in DUI / DWI for Arizona

Q: If my brother has a DUI, and now he got a extreme DUI what happens next

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
K. Bryan Goodman
K. Bryan Goodman
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If his previous DUI was within 7 years, he will considered a second time offender. This changes the amount of jail time (minimum of 120 days) he faces, the fines, and other sanctions. If he received the second DUI while he was required to have an interlock or he did not have a license, he will face an Aggravated DUI which is a felony. Your brother needs the help of an experienced attorney. Most attorneys on this site offer free initial consultations. Set one up. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.