Commerce, GA asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Mississippi

Q: What must an attorney file if he is entering the case on behalf of the defendant after the defendant filed his Answer?

Defendant filed answer pro se in Mississippi Chancery court. This is a case of encroachment -- house built partly on defendants land.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: Usually the lawyer files and serves a Notice of Representation. Sometimes an Amended Answer under Leave of Court is necessary, especially in a land case where the Defendant does not know what the law is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.