Peabody, MA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Massachusetts

Q: My Ex has been keeping me out of childs life since i was 14 with dcf threat now that 18 come for CS. no custody agreemet

We were never married, I still visit when and only when she allows and i provide whenever asked and even when not. I just got a letter in the mail saying she opened a case and now I'm waiting for a court summons. i would like to be able to see my child without her constant supervision and id like overnight visits weekly trades whatever I can do to be in my child's life. I have no problem paying child support, but is it necessary in this case? As mentioned I'm currently 18 unemployed and about to enroll in college Any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If paternity has been established then there is a Complaint for Custody and Support she may have filed and the Court can enter minimum child support orders due to your unemployment status. This legal proceeding is the forum for presenting your visitation requests as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.