Aiken, SC asked in Workers' Compensation and Government Contracts for Georgia

Q: My husband fell 4 ft off a dock at work, when he has Dr. appt. is workers comp responsible to pay him for the hours he's

Out of work because he fractured his right hand, broke 2 teeth and chipped several others also scared his nose and had a bump on his head

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your husband's injuries. Your question remains open for three weeks; do not lose further time. Your husband should seriously consider contacting a workers' comp attorney to outline what he must do to preserve his rights in a WC claim in a timely manner. Most workers' comp attorneys offer free initial consults. You could search for a WC attorney on this site or through your own independent efforts. Depending on whether were external factors that contributed to your husband's injuries, it's possible he could have rights in a third-party claim. He could ask a workers' comp attorney how that works in his initial consult. I hope he enjoys speedy recovery. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.