San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: I would like to have weekend visitation with my grandson. I was getting him every weekend, up until my son preposed.

His mother. Now when I ask for him it is a problem. I want exercise my Grandparents Rights.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jon R. Boyd
Jon R. Boyd
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your visitation has been previously ordered, you should see a lawyer and file a Motion asking the court to enforce the order.

If there is no prior order, it will be difficult to get due to changes in the law 20 yrs ago. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney about your facts and he/she can give you an educated opinion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.