Urbana, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: could I be charged for disorderly conduct when my father came into my house unwelcome and assaulted me with my own weapo

At my fathers I over heard my 5 y.o did something he shouldn’t have My father told him “if you ever do that to me I’ll punch you in the f*****g head” I came out said nothing & packed up to leave My son kept bringing up what had been said to him so my fiancé texted him a few days later asking him to not talk to our son that way stated he didn’t want to argue just not to do it again My father then turned the messages into violence saying “I’ll punch you in the face too(referring to my son and fiancé) so no one feels left out” he showed up banging on my door the next day knowing my fiancé was not home & my son had not gone to school yet, previous experiences with my father & knowing what he is capable of I answered the door with a baseball bat telling him to stop, leave & not come back until my fiancé was home or if he did try to come I was going to use the bat in defense He then charged in at me took the bat and hit me with it I punched back in defense & he left with the bat.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dimitrios Makridis
Dimitrios Makridis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Warren, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Did you call the police? I would call and report it, if you haven't already. If you are charged with something (doubtful if you haven't been charged yet), I would hire a criminal defense attorney at that time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.