Boynton Beach, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: Ask judge to cancel interest.

child support paid off, court told us the interest would not be charged, no proof, but now they are charging us interest. the eservices shows a zero balance and they are still taking money but we cant see where it is going and no payment history. Help to take it to the courts to cancel the interest. Please

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
RoseMarie Feller
RoseMarie Feller
  • Lake Mary, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: We can certainly file a motion with the court to clarify the issue of interest and terminate what they are taking. We can also ask the judge to consider having them reimburse you for funds that were taken against the court order. Please schedule a free consultation at 407-878-5942.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.