Oklahoma City, OK asked in Estate Planning for Oklahoma

Q: I'm a trustee and durable poa of my aunt's trust it's a revokable trust she wants her house to go into a irrevocable

She's become in capicated can I do this for her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN

A: It makes perfect sense what she wants to do, but whether you can arrange it depends on the wording of the POA. In some states, this would be considered a "gift" and gifting authority has to be specifically stated in the POA. Use the "Find a Lawyer" button above to find an estate planning or elder law attorney in your area to review the POA for you and to help you draft the irrevocable trust if it turns out you do have the authority.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.