Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: If I File A Claim...Did I Give up All Right to Hire a Lawyer or Sue for After Facts of Lone term Illness.

March 19, 2019 I suffered Acute Bronchitis. Few month later it became COPD, then Plueris, Coughing until I cracked my ribs..Then thing happen I suffered a Heart Attack. All within 6 months..Now that I File a Claim with Deer Park ITC...Someone said I can't Hire A Lawyer...That I gave up my Right to Fight. Gave up my Right to Ever Sue for Life Long Injuries to my Lungs and Heart.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: Your question remains open for two weeks, so at this point, it could be best for you to contact a lawyer to avoid further delays. As a general rule, a claimant who commences a claim on their own can ordinarily retain a lawyer afterwards. I'm sorry for the injuries you sustained. From your description, it isn't certain whether you were in the capacity of a contractor or an employee when this happened, as you post in the personal injury category, and refineries often have many contract personnel on site. If this happened in the course of your employment, you could contact a workers' compensation lawyer in Texas to discuss your rights and what your options are. Most WC lawyers offer free initial consults. You could look up WC lawyers on this site (under the Find-a-Lawyer tab above) or on your own. Good luck, and I hope things improve in terms of your health.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.