Saint Peters, MO asked in Employment Law for Missouri

Q: I have an issue with my current employer which has made working there stressful on me.

I have an issue with my current employer which has made working there stressful on me. I have put in to leave at the end of April but want to leave sooner. My question is on asking for a severance package. While it would be hard for me to prove unpaid overtime, I am sure the company knows since you have to put a personal code in order to get in. At one point I came up with over 20k. The other issue I thought I could use as leverage is the fact a person I worked under was having financial problems and started opening up fee based brokerage accounts that were not suitable for the client.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If you believe you are entitled to unpaid overtime then raise that issue.

Your other issue is whether you ought to try to engage in blackmail. That’s your call but you may find yourself looking for good criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.