Asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Virginia

Q: Is it possible to be removed from a lease by an attorney when the leasing agency doesn't offer much help?

I originally signed this lease when I attended college in Richmond VA, at VCU, but sadly I made a mistake and was forced off the property by 1 roommate and I've been collecting my rent statements, and I put an ad up for the room, as the leasing agency told me to do, but as far as I know not 1 of the roommates has approved any of the people I have had contact the leasing agency. The leasing agency only filed a roommate removal request and it was denied by all of the roommates after the 1 roommate put a protective order against me which doesn't seem fair since he forced me off the property (the lease was a 2 year lease) this has caused a hiccup for my family and for my education, since the issue happened I was forced to withdraw from school and move back home and wait it out but my parents can't keep paying my rent for me as I look for enployment.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
  • Potomac, MD
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: I think it is time to consult with a lawyer. There is no reasonable way you can get accurate advice in such a complex setting from an Internet search.

Bruce Alexander Minnick and Tim Akpinar agree with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.