San Antonio, TX asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property, Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: married mother under investigation process and my caseworker has yet to summit an application for my assesment. This ok?

What are my rights? I need advice! I know I've made mistakes, but im a great mom and my babies need me! How can i help this nightmare end? Im going to do better for my babies, no doubt. Im trying to work with the investigator, but when will my case become important enough? Im no one in this world to them, but my kids are my universe and vis versa. I let the investigator into my home on the 9th, have complied with everything and want to continue to do so. I've been very persistent with trying to reach out to them. Ive seen my kids 3 times only, because my mother in law is upset with me (understandable) but my only "restrictions" are cannot be left alone and cannot sleep over. Im just ready to take whatever steps needed. What do i need to do now, im ready to take this problem by the reigns if im left in the dark any longer. 21 days all of a sudden feels like 21 decades!

1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Based on your details it sounds like you’re a good mother who has made some mistakes. Sounds like you have taken responsibility of those mistakes and ready to forge ahead. In order to fight the way you need to you’re going to have to hire your own attorney and be ready to spend thousands of dollars. I bring up money because fights like yours can be time consuming. Get an attorney and fight. Good luck. 888-343-4529.

Sharita Blacknall agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.