Elkton, MD asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Maryland

Q: Can they charged me a storage fee?

A relative was using my camper/rv to stay in for a little while with his girlfriend. The camper/rv has been parked on a friends property for about 3 months now. My relative got arrested a few nights ago and I am trying to get my camper/rv off his property as soon as possible, but they are saying I'm not allowed to get it without paying a storage fee. My relative and this guy had a verbal agreement that he could stay there and my relative would help him work on the cars in his business. I never got any type of notice saying that I would be charged a storage fee. I tried to get my camper back the day after all this happened but they said I am not allowed on the property. Are they allowed to do this without giving me a notice beforehand?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You’re going to need to file a complaint for replevin, and I recommend you use a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.