San Francisco, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Can you copy court orders for search and seizure

What should a court order for search and seizure entail.also if it statesc1 day for night search must it be enacted that night.does copschave right to forcefully take your personal keys and is a locksmith required.i had documents stolen and not handed over to signing judge.and broken furniture and car stereo face plate stolen.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Stephen Kestenbaum
David Stephen Kestenbaum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Van Nuys, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you were arrested as a result of the Search due to items seized, you need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney near the Courthouse you are ordered to appear in.

If a Search Warrant allows it to be served "Day or Night" it can be executed at any time of the day. Most SWs only allow for daytime service.

If the Warrant includes "sages" then they can either take your keys or call a locksmith. Hopefully you did not "consent" to anything being opened that wasn't listed in the Warrant.

Your attorney will get the Affidavit in Support of the Search Warrant to see why they targeted you.

If no contraband was recovered and no arrest you may have a Civil lawsuit against the police.

In any event, go see a lawyer tomorrow as these cases are very fact driven and it is best to meet face to face. Most of us offer free initial consultations.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.